This delicious basic strawberry trifle recipe only takes about ten minutes to make. You can use fresh blueberries or peaches instead of the strawberries if you want to. Angel food cake can be used instead of the pound cake. If you are looking for a simple recipe for a dessert for the family, you will enjoy this basic strawberry trifle recipe because there is not anything complicated about it and even beginner cooks can make it. It is easy to use a readymade cake, rather than make your own, but you can make a homemade cake if you want to, with a white or yellow cake mix. Just follow the instructions on the package.
This trifle does not contain gelatin, unlike a lot of other trifle recipes, and it does not contain alcohol either but not every trifle recipe does. If you have some strawberries to use up, you will find this basic strawberry trifle to be refreshing and light, making it the ideal dessert for a warm spring or summer day. It looks good and it tastes delicious. Fresh strawberries are very healthy and combining the nutrition of strawberries with the not-so-healthy ingredients like cream and sweetened condensed milk does result in a delicious dessert, which is very well balanced.
This recipe is great for adults or kids because the flavors are simple yet tasty. A lot of people would claim that strawberries are their favorite fruit of all and there is no doubt they smell wonderful and taste really good. If you see a big package of strawberries on discount in the store, you might want to consider making this delicious basic strawberry trifle because it is strawberry-rich and you can use the fruit to make something spectacular but so easy.
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 8 oz whipped cream
- 1 package white chocolate flavor instant pudding
- 12 whole fresh strawberries
- 8 oz pound cake
- Whisk the milk and water together, then whisk in the pudding mix for a couple of minutes.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes, and then fold in the whipped cream.
- Cut the cake into half-inch cubes.
- Spoon ⅓ of the pudding mixture into a 4 quart trifle bowl, then top it with half the cake cubes and all the halved strawberries.
- Add another ? of the pudding mixture, then the rest of the cake.
- Top the trifle with the remaining pudding and the whole strawberries.
This photo shows you how appetizing our basic strawberry trifle looks. Combining cubes of soft cake with creamy white chocolate pudding and fat, juicy fresh strawberries, this is one of the most refreshing summer dessert recipes of all. If you like trifle, you will really like this basic strawberry trifle. Not only does it taste great but also it is so easy to make and you really do not need a lot of ingredients. You can make one big trifle, like in the photo, or divide the mixture between ten smaller dessert glasses, to make individual servings.