If there’s one thing I love, it’s got to be potatoes! The versatility of this simple ingredient makes it a great staple in the kitchen. You can make it to mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, French fries, or even sauté it with my favorite vegetables or meat! A recipe I’ve always repeated every time my family comes over would be a Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake, which has the right amount of spice and flavor everyone loves!
If you’re wondering how to make it, the steps are simple! Here’s my infamous recipe to help you out.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake Recipe
This is such an excellent recipe if you’re craving for a potato casserole dish. It’s filled with everything one wants in a meal, from ranch dip, bacon, and even delicious chives to go with your potatoes. It’s the perfect addition to potlucks and holidays because of the warm potatoes oozing with a ton of cheese. You can have it alone or with a good steak or chicken dish. Be prepared for it to be cleaned out without a ton of leftovers!
This recipe serves 12 people.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Total Time: 90 minutes
- Ten medium red potatoes washed and cubed
- Five green onions, sliced
- Six strips of thick bacon, cooked and broken into half-inch pieces
- Three chicken breasts, cubed
- Two cloves of minced garlic
- Eight ounces of sour cream
- Eight ounces of cream cheese, cut into cubes
- One and a half cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- One cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Quarter teaspoon of garlic powder
- Quarter teaspoon of pepper
- One packet of dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix (or any other powdered ranch dressing)
- Quarter teaspoon of rosemary
- Two tablespoons of parsley
- Four tablespoons of olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F and spray a 9×13″ baking dish using cooking spray.
2. Combine oil and the powdered ranch dressing. Add salt and pepper if desired. After that, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl except for one cup of cheddar cheese, green onions, and bacon. Toss well to ensure that all the sauces and cheese blends with the potatoes.
3. Spread the potato mix into the baking dish (which has been sprayed with cooking spray prior). Keep as much oil mix as you can when spooning the potatoes into the baking dish.
4. Bake the potatoes for one hour at 500 degrees or once the potatoes have softened and are cooked well. Stir the potatoes every ten minutes to ensure even cooking.
5. Now, cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and toss it with the leftover oil mixture. Mix the onion, bacon, and cheddar cheese.
6. Once the potatoes are cooked, remove it from the oven and lower the temperature to 400 degrees F.
7. Top the potatoes with the chicken, remaining cup of cheddar cheese, bacon pieces, and green onions.
8. Heat the potatoes until the cheese has melted, which can take about five to ten minutes.
9. Cool for ten minutes then serves and enjoy!
The mixture will be thick, not creamy or goopy. But do not worry, as once the cheese melts, it will have a great texture.
You can drizzle a bit of olive oil on top of your potato mixture before baking it rather than to mix it all with the other ingredients.
If you need to make the casserole ahead of time but still want it tasting fresh (without spending a ton of time cooking on the day itself), then I recommend that you blanch the potatoes for three minutes then place all the ingredients (besides the final toppings) in a baking dish. Cover the baking dish then refrigerate until it’s ready to be baked.
I recommend that you serve the potatoes within minutes after it’s cooked because as it cools down, it will have an unpalatable texture.
Wrapping It Up
And there you have it! This is such a delicious treat that you can have as an appetizer or main course. You can even make it as a snack for your kids to love. Loaded with bacon and just the right amount of sauces, your potatoes will now have more of a kick to it than before.
Hopefully, this Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Bake recipe gave you an idea on how to put a twist to the usual meals for potlucks and family reunions. So don’t wait any longer and start trying this delicious recipe today.
If you have any questions or would like to share your tips on making this Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato bake, then do comment below. All your contributions will be much appreciated