Want to experiment more with your rice recipes. Browse the internet for more simple rice recipes and Indian rice recipes and make your menu more enticing.
Sweet saffron rice recipe
• 1 cup basmati or long grain rice
• 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
• 1 3/4 cup water
• 2 tablespoons milk
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1″ piece of cinnamon stick
• 1/4 teaspoon of saffron threads
• 4 whole cloves (laung)
• 1/2 teaspoon coarsely crushed cardamom seeds
• Pinch of salt
• 3 tablespoons sliced or crushed pistachios and almonds
• 1 tablespoon raisins
1. Dry roast the almonds, pistachios and raisins in a pan on medium heat until the raisins puff and the nuts slightly change color. Set aside.
2. Put the rice, water, cinnamom stick, and salt in a saucepan over medium high heat.
3. When the rice comes to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover.
4. Let the rice cook for about 15 minutes, or until the water has evaporated.
5. While rice is cooking, in a separate saucepan combine milk, butter, sugar, saffron, cloves and cardamom and bring to boil on medium heat, stir until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside.
6. Add the nuts mixture and sugar syrup over the rice. Fold gently into the rice with a spoon gently to avoid mashing the rice.
7. Put the cover back over the rice and turn the heat on to very low. Let the rice simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the heat off and leave it covered for another few minutes before serving.
• 1 cup rice
• 2 cups water
• 1 cup shredded zucchini (with skin)
• 1 tablespoon of oil
• 1 teaspoon of butter
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
• 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seed (rai)
• 4 red peppers whole
• 2 Bay leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt
• Small piece of cinnamon stick about 1/2 inch
• 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1. Heat the oil and butter in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat.
2. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds to the oil. After seeds crack add red pepper and bay leaves.
3. Add rice and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
4. Add water, zucchini, salt and lemon juice. Stir and bring to boil.
5. After rice comes to a boil turn the heat down to low and cover the pan. Cook rice for about fifteen minutes or until the rice is tender and the water has evaporated.
It’s time to reinvent your menu, ad more Indian rice recipes especially simple rice recipes and make your meal more nutritious, healthy and tasty.