If you are looking for a great recipe for strawberry jam, what about making our strawberry jam recipe with gelatin? This is an extremely easy gelatin recipe, featuring just three ingredients, and you can use whatever flavor of gelatin you like. If you haven’t made jam before, don’t worry, because this is one of the best strawberry jam recipes and also one of the simplest, no matter how amateur or professional your cooking skills are.
If you grow your own strawberries, what better way to preserve the wonderful flavor of your homegrown fruit than make gelatin, which will last for months and can also be given as a gift? Strawberry gelatin jam is rich, flavorful, and very versatile. You can use it in all kinds of recipes.
You do not have to make homemade strawberry jam recipes either. Perhaps you would like to make apricot jam, blackberry jam, blueberry jam or another kind. In that case, simply substitute whichever fruit and whichever flavor of gelatin appeals to you the most. Strawberry gelatin jam is great on toast or in sandwiches, alone or with peanut butter. Gelatin strawberry jam is also very nice spread over crepes or pancakes with chopped nuts and cream.
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 small package strawberry gelatin
- Stir the strawberries and sugar over a low medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn the heat up to medium and boil the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and stir in the gelatin powder, stirring until the gelatin dissolves.
- Let the strawberry gelatin jam cool and pour it into containers.
- Freeze it until you are ready to use it, then thaw it and keep it refrigerated.
What a wonderful gift homemade gelatin jam is. You can make it as sweet as you like, pour it into sterilized jars, and use a pretty square of material to top the lid. Homemade food makes great gifts and you could even make a hamper with wine, cheese, nuts, chocolate, and a couple of jars of one of the best strawberry jam recipes ever. This is a very economical gift. Make sure you make extra strawberry gelatin jam though – it is too delicious to give every jar away!