This is a very simple recipe to make and this Oreo pie can be made in dessert glasses, parfait glasses or even in bowls, although you would not see the layered effect if you use bowls. The Oreo layer is similar to a pie crust but with more chocolate. The butterscotch and banana pudding layer contains sliced fresh bananas and the topping is whipped cream and cinnamon.
This is such as easy Oreo cookie pie recipe to make and it keeps well in the refrigerator if you want to make it a day in advance. This Oreo mud pie recipe is delicious if you like rich, creamy flavors and the fresh banana is full of nutrients too. Kids and adults alike love this delicious Oreo pie and you can serve it as a snack or as a dessert.
Butterscotch pudding is the favorite flavor of a lot of people and this flavor also combines well with banana pudding. You might already have a lot of these Oreo pie ingredients and you can substitute instant pudding flavors if you want to make something a little different. Also, you can use any berries or fruits you like instead of, or in addition to, the sliced bananas.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 ½ cups Oreo cookies
- 4 squares chocolate, melted
- 1 package butterscotch instant pudding
- 1 package banana instant pudding
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 sliced bananas
- Whipped cream, to serve
- ⅔ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Crush the Oreos and mix them with the sugar, melted chocolate and melted butter.
- Divide this mixture between 6 serving glasses.
- Whisk together the butterscotch pudding, banana pudding, milk and heavy cream.
- Stir in the banana slices.
- Divide this mixture between the serving glasses, on top of the Oreo mixture.
- Chill the desserts for a couple of hours in the refrigerator, then top them with the whipped cream and sprinkle some cinnamon over the top.
- Serve immediately.
Easy recipes do not have to look like they were easy to make. The Oreo pie ingredients and the preparation method both make this Oreo mud pie recipe a joy to make, and the finished desserts look really special. Oreo cookie pie is ideal for anyone who loves chocolate and bananas together. If you like banoffee pie, you will really like this pudding pie dessert as well. These desserts have a variety of flavors and textures so each mouthful will be different. If you are looking for an easy recipe with bananas, why not try this gorgeous Oreo mud pie recipe?