Recipe: Traditional Chicken Marinade Moroccan Style
Perhaps you are thinking about making a different marinade for chicken than the one you usually use, in which case this chicken marinade Moroccan style might tempt you. A lot of Moroccan dishes are simple yet fragrant and tasty.
This chicken marinade Moroccan recipe features aromatic flavors such as cumin, cilantro, cayenne, coriander, turmeric, and cinnamon, all of which combine perfectly to make a fragrant and very flavorful marinade for the chicken. Let the chicken soak in the Moroccan marinade for at least an hour, or overnight for a richer flavor.
Authentic Chicken Marinade Moroccan Recipe
- 1 whole chicken, in 8 pieces
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ teaspoons coriander seeds
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin seeds
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Toast the coriander and cumin seeds in a skillet over a high heat for half a minute, and then grind them in a spice grinder or mortar.
- Transfer them to a bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil, paprika, lemon juice, cayenne, salt, black pepper, turmeric, cinnamon, and garlic.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a glass dish and pour the marinade over, turning to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat the grill to medium and, when it is ready, cook the chicken pieces for about 20 minutes or until they are done.
- Use the remaining marinade to baste the chicken halfway through the cooking time.
- Sprinkle the chopped cilantro over the cooked chicken before serving.
- (Serves 4)
Number of servings (yield): 4