Chicken with bulgur for lunch is just the best.
It’s a delicious, herby and fragrant way to enjoy chicken with bulgur for lunch. Chicken is a great source of lean protein – and it’s amazing how a few herbs can really make it sing on the plate. Enriched with coriander and served with bulgur wheat, parsley, mint and tomatoes, this zesty light lunch really hits the spot. This recipe for chicken with bulgur is also quick and easy to make.
Bulgur wheat is a whole wheat grain that’s been cracked and partially pre-cooked. As a whole grain, it’s naturally high in fibre and low-fat. It’s a popular low calorie, vegan or vegetarian ingredient. However, because it’s a wheat, it’s not suitable for those on a gluten-free diet.
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Serves: 1
- Difficulty: Easy
- Calories: About 345
40g dry weight bulgur wheat
1⁄2 – 1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp olive oil
1 skinless medium chicken breast
50g cherry tomatoes, halved
Bunch of parsley, finely chopped
1 branch fresh mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
1 tsp honey50g pomegranate seeds1tbsp sherry vinegar1 tbsp olive oilPinch of salt1 tbsp diced onion or 1 shallot .
Chicken with Bulgur
- Turn on the grill to med-high heat
- Cook bulgur wheat as per the packet instructions.
- Mix the ground coriander with black pepper and salt.
- Then rub coriander mixture and 1⁄2 tsp of oil on the chicken breast.
- Place the chicken breast in between two sheets of grease proof paper and bash with a rolling pin until roughly 1cm thin.
- Remove the paper and then fry the breast or place it on a baking sheet under the grill until cooked through and starting to brown.
- Strain the cooked bulgur wheat and place it in a bowl with the chopped herbs and cherry tomatoes.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the bowl and add the olive oil, and mix it all together.
- Serve chicken breast on bulgur wheat with a lemon wedge.
- Enjoy your Chicken with bulgur 🙂