You might have made a banoffee pie mascarpone recipe or another banoffee pie recipe before and, if you have seen the Nestle recipes, the ultimate banoffee pie as you know is usually made with condensed milk. However, we are going to use butterscotch instant pudding and English fudge in the following recipe for a similar tasting result.
The crushed vanilla wafers in the following banoffee pie recipe have a light, sweet flavor and the homemade pastry crust is well worth making yourself. You can use a readymade six ounce pastry crust if you are in a hurry but homemade crusts are lovely. Make the shaved chocolate using a block of very cold chocolate and a vegetable peeler. If your chocolate is cold enough, it should be easy to shave.
The filling in this banoffee pie is a combination of fudge, butterscotch, and cream and this easy banoffee pie recipe is topped with miniature marshmallows and banana slices. This is not a conventional banoffee pie because instant pudding is used instead of condensed milk, but it does have a delicious flavor and a melt-in-the-mouth texture. Bananas are healthy and they give you plenty of energy, so if you are flagging a bit or feel in need of an energy boost, this delicious banoffee pie is a pick-me-up comfort food guaranteed to soothe and uplift you.
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ cups vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 package butterscotch instant pudding
- 1 cup English fudge squares, melted
- 2 cups jet-puffed miniature marshmallows
- 1 ¾ cups cold milk
- 2 sliced bananas
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 tablespoons shaved chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the vanilla cookie crumbs with the butter, sugar, and cinnamon, and then press this mixture into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake the crust for about 7 minutes or until it is golden brown. Let it cool.
- Beat the milk and pudding mix together for a couple of minutes, and then let it stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the melted fudge and Cool Whip.
- Spoon the fudge mixture into the cooled pie crust and chill it for an hour.
- Arrange the miniature marshmallows on top, then the banana slices and finally sprinkle the chocolate shavings over the pie.
This heavenly banoffee pie recipe is decorated with lots of miniature marshmallows. If you are in a rush, you could just spread some Cool Whip over the top of the pie, instead of arranging all the marshmallows on top. The juicy bananas are wonderful with the shaved chocolate flakes and, all in all, this is one of the best comfort food pies in existence. Imagine a mouthful of bananas, marshmallows, creamy butterscotch flavored fudge and homemade vanilla pastry, and you are halfway towards imagining how wonderful this banoffee pie recipe is. This is such a great recipe that one slice is never enough, although it is a deliciously filling and satisfying banoffee pie.